Sunday, September 13, 2009

You know that God exists because...

...Israel is alive and well. I'm not saying that in a Religious Zionist fashion. This is not a theological argument about the place of God in the world.

I'm saying that it is a daily occurance that you shake your head and wonder how the country operates.

Case from today:

Today I went to the post office to buy stamps. No stamps. They directed me across the street to the newspaper stand. You see, the post office doesn't sell stamps.

On the other hand, I bought 2 kilos of plums for 2 dollars. That's gotta count for something.

I will be making Rosh HaShanah lunch. Quite excited about that. Highlights to include Bol-gol-gie (that's Korean steak for the uninitiated) and what I am calling Rosh HaShanah chicken. RH chicken will be a marinade of Israeli fruits cooked with the chicken.

Get in my belly. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. The events of this day seem too familiar. I wonder why... Deja-vu perhaps? Anyway, your blog is great. Keep the posts coming :)

    Shira

    ReplyDelete